Redwoods isite Visitor Information Centre
Redwoods isite Visitor Information Centre is located within the world-famous Whakarewarewa Forest, one of the city’s most spectacular natural assets. This beautiful forest is popular for walking, running, mountain biking and horse trekking. Entry to the forest is always free.
Visit us for:
- Bookings for attractions, sightseeing and accommodation
- Bookings for transportation via bus, shuttle, ferry, rail and air
- Guaranteed confidence in bookings
- Any changes to your bookings needed – with no fees
- Walking, mountain biking, and city maps
- Up-to-date information on the forest's walking and mountain biking tracks
- Official Visitor Guides for Rotorua and the rest of New Zealand
- Specialty souvenir and gift shop featuring lots of high quality New Zealand brands such as Moana Road, Wild Kiwi, Pure Source and more, as well as great books and games to keep the kids entertained
- Cold beverages and ice cream treats
- Public bathroom facilities
- FREE Wi-Fi
Hours & Days
9.00am – 9:00pm
Extended hours during school holidays: until 10pm Sunday to Friday, and 10.30pm on Saturday
Open 364 days a year, closed on Christmas Day
Where are we?
Contact isite for your travel plans
If you have travel-related queries, you may use the form below and our team will reply as soon as possible during business hours.
Please note, due to high rates of travellers visiting Rotorua, the isite team is equipped to respond only to travel-related queries. For non-travel related queries that RotoruaNZ may be able to help with, please click here.
Check out what some of our visitors have gotten up to.