Most rental properties are unfurnished, however a limited number of fully furnished city apartments, suburban three bedrooms homes, and lakeside houses are available.
Search ‘Accommodation - rental’ or ‘Property management’
Keyword ‘furnished’ if you require furnished accommodation.
‘Flatmates wanted’ and ‘property to rent’
The Daily Post - rental listings available on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Rental Costs in Rotorua
Below is a guide to the costs of renting in Rotorua. Costs vary depending on the location of the property and what the property has to offer.
PROPERTY TYPE PRICE (NZ$)*
- 1 bedroom flat $145 - $200
- 2 bedroom flat $160 - $320
- 3 bedroom house $212 - $400
- 4 bedroom house $300 - $500
Source: Tenancy Services May 2016
COSTS INVOLVED WHEN RENTING
- Bond - usually 4 weeks rent
- Rent in Advance - 2 weeks
- Letting Agent’s fee - if you have used one, it is generally 1 week’s rent
- Telephone, internet and power connections vary depending on use and supplier
- Insurance varies depending on the supplier